miércoles, 3 de abril de 2013

“Great Expectations”


This is a novel written by Charles Dickens in 1860. It´s one of the most important and famous works by Dickens, was adapted to plays and movies. It´s about a boy named Phillip Pirrip, called “Pip”. He is an orphan and lives with his sister and her husband. Later he had a benefactor who pays his education like a gentleman, but Pip didn’t know who this man was. This young man, fight for to be a person with most class like a gentleman to conquer Stella, she was his first and big love. He don´t like her, and married another man, but he died and finally on the novel Pip and Stella walked together taken hands, given us a great expectation to love.

Unfortunately I didn’t know this novel. In the school I don´t read this classic. But now I’m very interested. Seems a very passionate and intense story, I like the dramatic romance because the emotions are more stronger and the feeling of love is more pure.

I have a many "great expectations" for this semester, in the university I expect finally end my classes, because for many reasons I been delayed. So now I just want end this semester. In my family I’m so happy because every day I can see how grow my little daughter. She is so beatiful, when she smiles I forget all my worries. In the romance, I just expect what now I have, a life full of love and endearment.
 


3 comentarios:

  1. Dear Natalia,

    word count: 253 words.

    You should pay attention to repetition: you use the word "novel" three times in the first paragraph.

    It's necessary that you pay attention to your composition, your paragraph turns unclear at times: 'He don´t like she, and married with other man, but he died and finally on the novel Pip and Stella walked together taken hands, given us a great expectation to love'.

    Past Tense.....'I don’t knew this novel. In the school don´t read this classic'...check the verb forms in the past, please.

    He is AN orphan and lives with his sister and HER HUSBAND...

    but Pip didn’t know who is this man.WHO THIS MAN WAS


    regards

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Natalia, I guess that what I have to say is not too different from the profesor's comment. Though the general idea is meant by itself,there're parts that doesn't understand. For example:
    "He don´t like her, and married another man, but he died and finally on the novel Pip and Stella..."
    First, I supuse you wanted to say that stella didn't like Pip, so it should be "she doesn't like him and married another man" and I think it is not DO, but DID. I'm not sure, but it sounds better if you say it like something that happened in the past...like narrate an story.
    I see that you correct the things the profesor told you, so I have nothing more to say. The other parts of the text are better written, they are clearer

    ResponderEliminar